Most of September was spent handling administrative matters pertaining to REACH and to my application for a new NSF grant (submitted in early October); here's the September 25 draft. Towards the end of the month I was able to spend some time putting together one-page "previews" of articles I'd like to see the group write this year (coming soon!). I also wrote the minutes for the first REACH meeting of the Fall semester.
Week of 9/29-10/5: I spent 2.6 hours planning REACH meetings, 4 hours attending REACH meetings, 1.8 hours finishing up my grant proposal for NSF, and 3.3 hours working on Eric Kuo's write-up of the work he did when he was an undergraduate participant in the Tilings Research Group at MIT. Total for week: 11.7 hours.
Week of 10/6-10/12: I spent 3.5 hours writing the previews, 1.5 hours finishing my grant proposal for NSA, 4 hours attending REACH meetings, 1.5 hours planning the REACH meetings, and .5 hours following a research idea. Total for week: 11.0 hours.
Week of 10/13-10/19: I prepared and led REACH meetings, exchanged REACH-related email, and started to compile bibliographies for the one-page articles. Total for week: 11.4 hours.
Week of 10/20-10/26: I prepared and led one REACH meeting, exchanged REACH-related email, and finished compiling bibliographies for the one-page articles. Total for week: 5.8 hours.
Week of 10/27-11/2: I attended REACH meetings, exchanged REACH-related email, worked on letters of recommendation, and played around with some new recurrences in one, two, and three dimensions. Total for week: 12.7 hours.